A full day celebrating Austin’s CPG Industry with a brand Expo, keynote presentation, pitch competition & after party.
We are excited to announce our first Naturally Austin Pitch Slam on October 29, 2019.
Over 50 Central Texas Brands have applied to compete & the board has selected the 6 finalists.
The brands selected for the Pitch Slam are:
Snack Jack Jerky: Making plant based beef jerky from Jack Fruit. Founded by Diana and Julian Dussan.
Prep U Products: Making all natural teen hygiene for guys. Founded by Michelle Houp.
Ladybird Provisions: Butter Coffee made simple. Founded by Sarah Rioux and Nicole Pinedo.
Slice of Sauce: Transforming bottled condiments into mess-free Slices. Founded by Emily and Cole Williams.
Sweet Bean: A chickpea cookie company. Founded by Abbey and Joel Mitter.
Gardenio: A next generation garden club for new food growers. Founded by Roman Gonzalez.
This high energy pitch competition is centered on Austin’s innovative Natural & Consumer Products’ industry. The format will showcase Austin’s top talent (you and your company) by providing a platform for exposure, networking and potential deal-making.
The Pitch Slam is more than just the pitching contest. We will host an afternoon where local founders will be able to showcase their company and products to potential investors, distributors and it’s open to the public too.
The pitch contest will have 6 finalists selected from the applicants and 3 wildcard companies who will be chosen from the companies participating in the showcase. Each company will have 3 minutes to pitch and the judges will select a winner.
And, in classic Austin style there will be delicious local food,beverages and music!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will the event run?
3pm to 6pm: Expo Hall
4pm to 6pm: VIP Happy Hour
6pm to 8pm: Keynote & Pitch Series
8pm to 10:30pm: After Party
How do I apply?
Deadline to submit is 11:59PM on September, 4th 2019. Finalists will be selected and notified by September 9th, 2019 via email. Finalists will be announced on September 16th, 2019. Applications are currently closed.
How do I know if I should apply?
Central Texas Brands in the Seed & Pre-Seed stages will be prioritized for the pitch portion. We welcome any CPG brands interested in participating in the trade show to apply for that portion of the PitchSlam.
Do I need to apply to be a part of the showcase?
Yes, however, applications have closed.
What should I expect in the Pitch Slam?
- Finalists will be invited to pitch for 3 minutes with 3 minutes of Q&A from judges and attendees. (If your startup is not selected as a Finalist, you are automatically invited to the PitchSlam and the entire event – a great opportunity to learn from and network with like-minded pioneers.)
- Finalist will need to attend the entire event on October 29th starting at 9am & ending at 8pm.
- Winner will be selected by the Judges at the end of the PitchSlam session. The selection will be live and shared with Slam participants to maximize transparency and lessons learned.
- Finalists pitch materials will be limited to 5 slides, no video & no animations. Presentations will be stopped after 3 minutes.
What does the winner receive?
- $20,000 in consulting hours from our board & sponsors
- Valuable in-person networking opportunities with corporate leaders, investors, influencers and peers
- 10 Naturally Austin individual annual memberships
- A profile in the Naturally Austin website, monthly e-newsletter & national press release
What do you receive if you are a finalist?
- Valuable coaching to prepare you for the PitchSlam by Naturally Austin advisor members.
- 2 Naturally Austin individual annual memberships.
- A profile in the Naturally Austin website, monthly e-newsletter and national press release