Digital Media & Community Relations Manager
Reports To: Executive Director, Programming Director & Staff Manager
Preferred start date: Late July 2020
The Digital Media & Community Relations Manager oversees Naturally Boulder’s (NB) online platform and content library, and digital media and communications efforts, focusing on building a robust and engaged online presence that represents the dynamic Naturally Boulder ecosystem. The person in this role is responsible for communicating Naturally Boulder’s opportunities (events, resources and more), documenting its mission and values in action, and spotlighting members and sponsors. The strategy and execution of this role is to align with the strategy established by the Board of Directors (BoD) and Executive Director (ED). This role includes select tactical administrative duties that enhance the role’s primary duties. As part of a small staff, this person is an essential contributor to not only the team’s impactful work, but also in shaping and modelling the supportive NB community culture.
Naturally Boulder is a trade association with a mission to nurture conscious growth, leadership and innovation in the Colorado natural products community. To learn more about Naturally Boulder, please visit our site.
- Communications (70%)
- Work with staff and BoD to develop and implement an integrated platform strategy to serve programming, outreach, communication, new revenue streams.
- Work collaboratively with NB staff and BoD to develop and implement an integrated communications strategy.
- Design and implement platform-specific campaigns as needed.
- Manage membership management software (MemberPlanet)
- Serve as a community manager for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram). Create and execute a content calendar to communicate NB’s events, community news and opportunities, and showcase our community.
- Cultivate an environment of alertness; strengthen NB’s positive brand voice.
- Author newsletter, email blasts, landing pages.
- Measure, test and report on strategies and campaigns using analytics tools.
- Serve as event photographer or coordinate talent (as in-person events resume).
- Create branded print and digital assets and communications as needed.
- Compile sponsor logos; keep that resource updated.
- Manage communication platforms and respond promptly to inbound inquiries.
- Manage communications budget.
- Innovate revenue opportunities (including a recurring ad-based email).
- Revamp architecture and content on NB’s website.
- Oversee contractors (web designers, printing company, etc.).
- Create event registration forms.
- Participate in all NB events.
- Oversee event recording and/or livestream (when in-person events resume).
- Community Engagement (30%)
- Support NB staff and BoD in meeting organizational objectives.
- Identify and develop potential strategic partnerships, including influencers.
- Manage community inquiries.
- Work with Student Fellow(s) to develop and execute outreach programs.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with its major platforms and management tools.
- Proficiency with digital media editing.
- Excellent skills in social listening, oral and verbal communication.
- Ability to understand trends in the digital content and social media space.
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills; ability to tailor copywriting to different platforms (email, social, web, etc.).
- Ability to curate visual content for digital channels.
- Skill in managing editorial calendars.
- Experience building and crafting email content; skill in using email management software such as MailChimp.
- Experience in community engagement and monitoring.
- Experience in tracking social and digital analytics and building reports.
- Impeccable time management with ability to multitask autonomously.
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to accept a variety of multiple, fluctuating tasks.
- Experience with membership management software similar to MemberPlanet.
- Proficiency with video editing.
- Nimble, innovative mind and a sense of humor.
- Share a commitment to organizational culture with an interest in natural products.
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Remote candidates are encouraged to apply; preference will be given to Colorado-based candidates.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related field.
- 3-5 years experience with the tactical side of social media marketing or content development (may include internships).
- Direct experience using social media management tools; comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) or Canva, Google Analytics, WordPress, Linktree or Linkin.bio, Sprout Social, Slack, Facebook Business and Ads Manager.
- Experience with CPG, natural or organic products industry is a major plus.
- Basic photography experience.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) with up to 3% match after six months.
- Health care subsidy.
- 11 paid holidays; 14 days of PTO in the first year.
The Naturally Boulder office offers a stimulating, community-focused environment in downtown Boulder. It is expected throughout the remainder of 2020, at least, this job may be performed from Naturally Boulder’s office and/or remotely, as mutually agreed upon. The staff, board of directors, and volunteers are a tight-knit group. We support one another, have high expectations of one another, and celebrate and have fun. We show up fully to work with intention and integrity.
Please email a creative cover letter, a writing sample, and your resume to email@example.com . Please do not call or message any other Naturally Boulder email accounts about this position. Thank you.