Afia Foods., a modern Mediterranean food brand started in Austin, Texas, is strengthening its presence in Austin while expanding to San Antonio, Fort Worth, College Station, and Houston.
When we couldn’t find the authentic falafel and kibbeh that we and our community loved on local store shelves, we took matters into our own hands. Using the traditional recipes that have been in our family in Syria for generations, we use simple ingredients like chickpeas, olive oil, and parsley and combine it with our favorite herbs and spices to make Mediterranean food that Texans are falling in love with one bite at a time. All of our products are nutritious, delicious, and flavorful and are made in Austin, Texas by our female-majority owned, and minority-owned and operated business.
As the Field Marketing & Sales Manager you will be part of a team of sales and marketing professionals focused on building our brand throughout the state of Texas.
Working closely with the sales and marketing leads you will develop relationships with H-E-B store managers throughout our key markets, manage our stocking and presence on shelves at stores, and manage a team of sampling specialists who will execute product tastings on and off premise. You are the face of the brand in our key markets, with our key retailers and with the customers you interact with. Given that this is a fast growing startup, we expect that this role will evolve and for you to take on more responsibility as we grow the business together.
- ● Visit H-E-B stores in key markets in Texas and build relationships with the grocery and/or store managers,
HEB Showtime team and customers
- ● Monitor product availability and assortment on shelves and manage the presentation of the products on
shelf, per the sales leader’s direction
- ● Partner with retail management to secure prime placements for the product assortment including endcaps
and for on and off premise tasting events, permissions, etc
- ● Provide staff trainings, product information + promo sheets, and samplings for the products for staff when
- ● Educate consumers on Afia falafel and kibbeh products with messaging aligned on with marketing
- ● Initially will execute on and off premise events and tastings, per the marketing leader’s direction
- ● Help build and manage the network of local sampling specialists used to execute on and off premise events
and tastings, per the marketing leader’s direction
- ● Generate suggestions for local partnerships, finding and cultivating real, meaningful relationships with
brand aligned businesses, including local community organizations, volunteer and church organizations,
and independent and ethnic grocers
- ● Report on key KPIs to marketing and sales management
- ● Capture photos at retail shelves and events and share with marketing and sales management